February 3rd, Minutes
JWB - Parent Council Meeting
MINUTES Monday February 3rd, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
Attendees: Susan, Joanne, Jodi, Leslie, Vanessa, Brenda, Jill, Jessica, Priya, Sonia & Tracy
PRINCIPAL’S REPORT (SUSAN & JOANNE)
- All Field Trips postponed until further notice
- Updates to come re delay of Grade 7 & 8 Trip Payments
- No Parent Volunteers are permitted to replace Teacher’s on Field Trips
- Chris Vollum to come in on February 27th to do a presentation on Social Media Safety. Presentations will be during the day for grade 4-6 & 7-8 and an Evening Presentation for the Parents - Info to come out in Blast.
- 4 Teacher Leaves - staffing has been confirmed
TEACHER UPDATES - No update available at this time
FINANCIAL UPDATE (LESLIE)
- We made $98 at movie night will go towards Angel Fund - No other updates at this time
- Dance-A-Thon - Thursday February 13th (Back up day of Feb 12th pending labour plans) - DJ Booked - Email to come out via Synervoice & indicate payments are preferred on Cashless - Similar to the Valentine’s Day Cookies. Donations will be accepted through Cashless or will be collected only on the day of the Dance-A-Thon - Include Jodi’s contact info in message. Jodi to collect cash on the day of the event. Need to find decorations from last year - Will check supplies.
- Will proceed with Macmillan’s Food Order Spring Program - Original Program plus Meat and Pie options. Delivery Date booked for Monday April 6th @ 2pm. Initial orders due by March 23rd - Final Order confirmation March 30th. Aim to get final orders in by Friday March 13th (before March Break). Susan to check if there will be any restrictions for the Office Staff to assist with Fundraising activities and collection.
- Bag to School - Will cancel for this year due.
- Next Movie Movie - Will Check Friday Availability in March / April - Possibly tie into Earth Day Activities - Encourage class competition to bring in Toy Recycling Items. Possibility of Frozen 2? - ACF Films is the site to check for listings - recommend attendees to come up with a list.
- Fun Fair Committee Update - Next Meeting Monday March 2nd - Template Letters to come out re Donations & Community Participation - Food Vendors being booked - Similar Ideas to last year. Volunteer Support is needed for event - Need to explore High School Student Support.
- Grad Committee Update - Next Meeting Monday February 24th - Need class to determine a theme/colour scheme - Hoping to have a theme by Mid February. Poll Classes for ideas. Need to plan out daily activities - AM Rehearsal & Add Lunch / Mini Awards to daily activities?
- Council Blurb needed for Blast - No Bag to School, Dance A Thon - Preference for Cashless. Committee Planning Updates. Fun Fair Donations & Volunteer support needed
- Discussion about advocacy ideas for School / Education Issues - Possibly explore ideas & suggestions at a future meeting
NEXT MEETING - Monday April 6th, 2020 @ 7pm